Adopt a German Shepherd - Save a Rescue Dog
Why a rescue dog from Lani's Lucky Shepherds?
- Training Most rescue dogs have already been taught very basic obedience and are working on or completed being housebroken. Will you still have to commit time to training? Of course, just like you would with any dog. But you will be one step ahead if you decide to rescue.
- Veterinary Care Most Lucky Shepherds have already been spayed or neutered before you’ll ever meet them, making adopting a better choice if you have a limited budget. We also make sure our dogs are current on their shots and tested for heartworms. It’s always possible that health problems may arise after adoption, but we try our best to prepare our dogs for an easy, healthy transition into their adoptive home. We cover the cost for our affiliate veterinary hospitals for your dogs vaccinations, including all three sets for puppies, spay or neutering surgery as well as a microchip with a paid lifetime registration paid for by us.
- Temperament & Behavior Testing Lani's Lucky Shepherds performs temperament and behavior testing at the shelter to make sure our rescue dogs are adoptable. Unfortunately, we can’t save every dog, so we focus on saving the dogs who will transition well into foster care and ultimately their forever home. There’s a big misconception that all rescue dogs are problem dogs, but it’s just not true. So many of the dogs that we’ve rescued and adopted out have been ideal companion animals; they all just need a little time to feel safe, secure, and loved before they come out of their shell.
- Bonding Most rescue dogs have had a rough start. Because of this, they truly blossom into loving, confident companions in the right environment. When treated kindly, rescue dogs will form a lifelong bond with you and be forever grateful for their new happy life.
- What You See is What You Get Because most rescue dogs have reached adulthood, you won’t get any size, weight, or color surprises when you rescue. This is great for people who live in an apartment or who have a specific lifestyle that calls for a specific size of dog.
- That Warm Fuzzy Feeling It’s worth mentioning twice. The personal rewards you’ll get from deciding to rescue are large. Knowing that you helped save just one of the many wonderful dogs who would have otherwise been euthanized gives you that warm fuzzy feeling that you want to share with others. And we certainly encourage you to do so! Help spread the word about the many advantages of rescuing a companion animal. Lani’s Lucky Shepherds asks you to please consider rescuing a dog instead of buying. There are thousands of dogs sitting in shelters in your area right now, and the sad truth is that most will be euthanized. What a waste to allow dogs to be brought into the world only to see their lives cut short after enduring an often abusive existence. Help Lani’s Lucky Shepherds change this by rescuing from us or from one of the many wonderful rescue groups where you live.